QuitWithNick Articles & Blog
'How to Quit Cigarettes with or without Hypnosis'
What To Expect When You Quit Cigarettes A Time Line
Ok, so letâs get started. Before delving into the aspects of quitting and hypnosis, Iâd like to share with you what actually happens and what you can expect from the very moment you put out your last cigarette:
- Within 20 minutes blood pressure returns to its normal level.
- After 8 hours oxygen levels return to normal.
- After 24 hours carbon monoxide levels in the lungs return to those of a non-smoker and the mucus begins to clear.
- After 48 hours nicotine leaves the body and taste buds are improved.
- After 72 hours breathing becomes easier.
- After 2â12 weeks, circulation improves.
- After 5 years, the risk of heart attack falls to about half that of a smoker.
- After 10 years, the risk of lung cancer is almost the same as a non-smoker.
When you quit smoking the benefits are immediate. Blood cells that transport carbon monoxide from cigarette smoke begin to transport healthy oxygen. Even though quitting doesn't completely eliminate the risk of developing lung cancer, the risk of lung cancer starts to go down dramatically. Only one year after quitting smoking your chances of having a heart attack drops by half. The risk of lung cancer continues to decline and drop significantly five to ten years after quitting.
To your health.
BSc (Psych), Grad Dip Applied Psych
Specialist Hypnotherapist âQuit Cigarettes in 60 minutesâ
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
For more information and testimonials go to:
No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment